Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tommy's Birthday and Daddy Update

Tommy Riding his new bike - No Training Wheels

What a couple of weeks it has been. Needless to say with everything going on I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with my blog. My father is still sick. He is still in the hospital - no word yet on when he will be leaving. We thought he would come home this week, but his fever has returned and they are still testing to find out why he still has infection in his body. On top of that I came down with TSS - Toxic Shock Syndrome and was very ill. I don't remember a time when I was so weak. I honestly thought my days were numbered and that this could be it. The antibiotics came through and I am happy to say that I'm getting back on my feet now.

Friday was Tommy's 7th birthday. Its unbelievable how fast children grow. It seems like yesterday he was born and I was holding him for the first time in my arms. I remember having an overwhelming need to protect him - I was so afraid he would get hurt or someone would take him away from me. Now, on his seventh birthday he is learning to ride his new red bike without training wheels. Believe me its hard to watch him fall, but what joy it is to see him get back on and try again. Tommy's smile always brightens my day without fail. He is my sunshine and many times he has been my reason to push forward in this life. God gave him to me in the perfect time - and I have learned so much from him.

Thanks again to everyone for their prayers. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment