Monday, November 3, 2008

Just a Thought that Stuck My Mind Tonight...


I think one of the advantages of doing wedding photography is that you find yourself in situations where the presence of God is very strong. I don't feel this way at every wedding, but those that are built around God and set the foundation of marriage as it was intended to be set you defiantly feel an en ate presence. There has been a lot of things on my mind lately - the election, the economy, my job and my future, but when I pray I hear that calming voice in my ear whispering - Do not fear - I have a plan - Trust me - I won't let you fall. I believe that fully, but the mortal side of me sometimes trembles and makes me feel panicked. I know many of you feel the same way and I pray that you can rest in the same comfort that I do every night - That He has me in the palm of His hand and He knows my worries, but He has a plan. I also find it funny how my studies of scripture seem to always point out the answers that I need at that point in my life. He always finds a way to show me the right path.


I was editing pictures tonight (surprise!) and this picture of this couple praying really pulled at my heart strings. When we have nothing we always have prayer. We always have God. He has been there to listen from the beginning and He will be there to listen to the end. There is an urgency like never before now to lean on him - to pray - to get back to our foundations and trust in Him like never before. We will find our answers and our comfort in prayer and the study of His word. God Bless you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment