Sunday, February 8, 2009

Billy Frank Brumbles Jr. 12/1/54 - 2/1/09




For those of you who don't know my father passed away 2/1/09. He was a wonderful man of God. He has struggled with MS for 31 years and when he past he was only able to move his head. Despite all of this he was the strongest man that I ever knew. He never complained and was always grateful. He was and is my hero. Now he is my angel in Heaven. He is up there right now running and celebrating the love of Jesus. I thank you all for the prayers and emails that I have received over the past few weeks. The encouragement has been needed and is greatly appreciated.

Below is a poem that my father wrote many years ago. I've shared it with you before on earlier post, but I wanted to share it again one last time.



To The People I Love

I try harder everyday
But it seems to be harder that way
The steps I struggle to take,
Even though my legs begin to shake.
Sometimes I begin to fall,
But I continue to stand tall.
I feel useless and have no self worth,
When I can't do the simplest things I want on this earth,
Like walking and playing.
People have their saying,
"Don't give up without a fight"
Little do they know I do all day and night.
My family supports me in every way
Without them there wouldn't be another day.
I love them dearly they must know,
Because without them I would go.
So to the People I Love,
They know who they are.
Once day I'll fly like a dove,
With no limits how far.
By: Billy Frank Brumbles Jr.
My Father, My Hero

1 comment:

  1. Precious. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Life dies but love lives in the deepest part of us, even at the times when we can't seem to find it. God is love!

    ReplyDelete